Submit your application for YEYA 2024
The Scottish Engineering Young Engineer of the Year Award (YEYA), has recognised and celebrated the best young engineers in Scotland for over 25 years.
Is there a young member of your team who has shown excellence, innovation, and imagination within your industry? Encourage them to submit an application for the Young Engineer of the Year Award, giving them the opportunity to be recognised for their work, be presented with the “Incorporation of Hammermen of Glasgow Award” trophy, and receive a £1000 and £500 prize for our winner and runner-up.
The closing date for entries is 5pm on Friday 8th March 2024
The winner will be invited to attend our Annual Awards Dinner where they will be presented with the Hammermen Trophy.
- Entry is open to recognised engineers who are 35 years of age or under at closing date.
- Entrants should be employed in the engineering industry in Scotland.
- Entrants should be able to demonstrate that they are in or have taken a major role in an engineering/technological project which has or will significantly improve the technology and/or competitiveness of their employing organisation.
- Entrants must be available on Wednesday 17th April and Thursday 18th April for interview if initial application successful
- The individual’s entry should include an email endorsement of its content by a relevant manager from the company.
- We do not accept joint applications or group applications.
Reviewing of applications
- All applications will be acknowledged via email and then reviewed by our panel of judges.
- Successful candidates (or, the “Shortlist”) will be invited to an interview where they will make a brief presentation on their project and discuss it with the judging panel.
Submitting your application
- You can download our application form here.
- The submission deadline is Friday 8th March 2024
- Applications can be in the form of a report or presentation and should include relevant information about the candidate and the background to the project or work undertaken.
- Applications must not exceed five pages, including diagrams
- As the first round of judging will be made on this submission, it is important that you give yourself the best chance of recognition for the content of your project.
- Upon completion, please send your report or presentation by email to firstname.lastname@example.org who will be in contact with further application instructions.
- Judging will be based solely on the information submitted by the candidate.
- Decisions reached will be regarded as final after the winners have been announced.
- Scottish Engineering and the Incorporation of Hammermen of Glasgow reserve the right to publicise entries but will make an appropriate acknowledgment of the entrants and their employers.
- Our winner will be displayed on our social media platforms and the Scottish Engineering website.
The closing date for entries is 5pm Friday 8th March 2024
Our 2023 YEYA Winners –
Our Young Engineer of the Year 2023 is Natasha Pell of Wallace McDowall
Our 2023 Young Engineer of the Year Award (YEYA23) in partnership with The Incorporation of Hammermen of Glasgow was presented to Natasha Pell of Wallace McDowall for her role in implementing automation technology to the shop floor through the introduction of a collaborative robot to the factory.
Young Engineer of the Year 2023 runner up is Natasha Dell of Thales
The YEYA23 runner up trophies were awarded to Natasha Dell of Thales and also to Mark Leckenby of Mersen.
This award is in association with The Incorporation of Hammermen of Glasgow