Scottish Engineering Mentoring Programme
We are very excited to announce that the Scottish Engineering Mentoring Programme is back up and running after a temporary break during lockdown and our mentors and mentees are meeting again, in line of course with H&S guidance.
Over the course of lockdown we’ve been working away in the background, growing our amazing mentoring team and we are delighted to announce that we now have capacity to accept more mentees.
So what are the benefits of mentoring to your mentee?
- Gain practical advice, encouragement and support
- Exposure to new ideas and ways of thinking
- Learn from the experiences of others
- Advice on developing strengths and overcoming weaknesses
- Become more empowered to make decisions
- Develop communication, study and personal skills
- Develop strategies for dealing with both personal and academic issues
- Guidance on professional development and enhancement
Mentoring can be a powerful tool in nurturing personal and professional growth for the individual and in supporting the achievement of business goals. The scheme is open to all member companies at no cost, and interest and involvement has been strong. Our volunteer mentors bring a wealth of multi-functional experience in professional engineering, business management and leadership and have a passion for sharing that knowledge with those building their careers in the sector. We are open to candidates from any age group, level of experience, or functional specialism. All we ask is that your candidates have a desire for personal and professional growth and a willingness to engage enthusiastically with the mentors.
Contact us for or more information
Tel: 0141 221 3181.
If you are not currently a member of Scottish Engineering, but are interested in our Mentoring Programme, then please feel free to contact us
Tel: 0141 221 3181