Engineering Apprentice of the Year Award 2024
Submit your application for Engineering Apprentice of the Year Award 2024
We are delighted to announce that applications are now open for Engineering Apprentice of the Year Award. This incredible opportunity for our industry’s apprentices will recognise the enthusiasm, innovation and imagination of up-and-coming engineers and manufacturers.
Is there an engineering apprentice in your team who has stood out and deserves recognition? Managers or supervisors are invited to submit an application on their behalf for the Scottish Engineering Apprentice of the Year Award, giving them the opportunity to be recognised for their work, and for our winner the chance to win our award trophy and £500, presented at the annual awards dinner on 23rd May in Glasgow.
The closing date for entries is 5pm on Friday 8th March 2024
The winner will be invited to attend our Annual Awards Dinner where they will be presented with the trophy.
- Entry is open to individuals currently enrolled in a recognised apprenticeship
- Entrants should be employed in the engineering industry based in Scotland
- Entrants must be available on Tuesday 19th March and Wednesday 20th March for interview if initial application successful
- Those submitting an application should detail how the apprentice has stood out and/or gone above and beyond within their role and demonstrated enthusiasm, innovation and imagination throughout their programme so far
- This is an individual award – unfortunately we cannot accept joint applications or group applications
Reviewing of applications
- All applications will be acknowledged via email and then reviewed by our panel of judges
- Successful candidates (or, the “Shortlist”) will be invited to a teams interview accompanied by their sponsor where they will make a brief presentation to discuss their experience with the judging panel
Submitting your application
- You can download our application form here.
- The submission deadline is Friday 8th March 2024
- Applications should be no more than 500 words and can include images to illustrate the application
- Applications should include relevant information about the candidate and a description of why they deserve the title of Engineering Apprentice of The Year.
- As the first round of judging will be made on this submission, it is important that you give as much information as possible within the word count available.
- Upon completion, please send your application by email to email@example.com who will be in contact further application instructions.
- Judging will be based solely on the information submitted by the candidate.
- Decisions reached will be regarded as final after the decisions have been announced.
- Scottish Engineering reserve the right to publicise entries and will make an appropriate acknowledgment of the entrants and their employers.
- Our winner will be displayed on our social media platforms and the Scottish Engineering website.
The closing date for entries is Friday 8th March 2024
Our 2023 Engineering Apprentice of the Year Winners –
2023 Engineering Apprentice of the Year – Ellis Dunnachie of Spirit AeroSystems
Engineering Apprentice of the Year was presented to Ellis Dunnachie of Spirit AeroSystems for being an inspirational role model, exceeding academically and gaining meta-skills which in turn have made her stand out from her peers.
2023 Runner Up for Engineering Apprentice of the Year – Rachel Kelly of Babcock
2023 Runner Up for Engineering Apprentice of the Year – Calum McCrindle of Clansman Dynamics Ltd
The Engineering Apprentice runner up trophies were awarded to Rachel Kelly of Babcock for her work on developing the Project Control Apprentice programme, and also to Calum McCrindle of Clansman Dynamics Ltd for his project which reduced cost, part count and variation.