ScotEng Young Engineer of the Year Award (YEYA) – In Association with the Incorporation of Hammermen of Glasgow
Nominations are now closed for YEYA 2021
The ScotEng Young Engineer of the Year Award (YEYA), formerly known as “The Incorporation of Hammermen of Glasgow Award” has recognised and celebrated the best young engineers in Scotland for over 25 years.
Is there a young member of your team who has shown excellence, innovation, and imagination within your industry? Nominate them for the Young Engineer of the Year Award to give them the opportunity to be recognised for their work, be presented with the Hammermen trophy, and a £1000 prize.
We are hopeful that we will be welcoming guests to attend our physical Awards Dinner later this year. The winner will be invited to attend our dinner where they will be presented with the Hammermen Trophy. The presentation of the award money and a small retainer trophy will be presented at The Hammermen of Glasgow Annual Dinner. It is a condition of the award that the winning candidate must attend both events.
- Entry is open to recognised engineers who are 35 years of age or under at closing date.
- Entrants must be employed in the engineering industry in Scotland.
- Entrants must be able to demonstrate that they are in or have taken a major role in an engineering/technological project which has or will significantly improve the technology and/or competitiveness of their employing organisation.
- The individual’s entry must include a formal confirmation of its content by a senior manager from the company.
Reviewing of applications
- All applications will be acknowledged via email and reviewed.
- Successful candidates (or, the “Shortlist”) will be invited to an interview where they will make a brief presentation on their project and discuss it with the judging panel.
Submitting your application
- You can find our application form here.
- The submission deadline is Friday 11th June at 5pm.
- Upon completion, you will be contacted by a ScotEng team member with further application instructions.
- Judging will be based solely on the information submitted by the candidate.
- Decisions reached will be regarded as final after the decisions have been announced.
- Scottish Engineering and the Incorporation of Hammermen of Glasgow reserve the right to publicise entries but will make an appropriate acknowledgment of the entrants and their employers.
- Our winner will be displayed on our social media platforms and the Scottish Engineering website.
Last year’s winners
Our 2020 Winner of the Incorporation of Hammermen Award was Colin Scouller of Thales UK. You can find out more about Colin’s role within Thales and his winning project in this short video.
The runner-up for the 2020 Incorporation of Hammermen Award was Craig Jones of Hayward Tyler. Craig discusses his daily responsibilities within Hayward Tyler and touches on his project in the below video.
This award is in association with The Incorporation of Hammermen of Glasgow