Green Jobs Funding Call
Through our Net-Zero Programme, we are supporting SMEs to take full advantage of opportunities for strengthening their sustainability. Scottish Enterprise has announced a new series of funding rounds to help businesses create jobs that contribute to improving the environment and achieving net-zero emissions. The first call is now open until 12 noon on Thursday 24 June 2021. We have provided this short list of how you can get involved below.
The green jobs funding is being delivered as competitive funding calls, which are rounds of funding that open and close periodically for fixed amounts of time and from which the best projects will be chosen for support. The green jobs call aims to support businesses to create and maintain jobs that improve the environment, and to support projects that align with the Scottish Government net-zero policies. By ‘net zero’, we mean the Scottish Government’s commitment to achieving net-zero carbon and greenhouse gas emissions by 2045.
The first call is aimed at supporting businesses to:
- Create green jobs (these are new jobs that relate directly to the transition to net-zero) or facilitate the transition of a job from non-green to green
- Minimise environmental impacts by developing sustainable low carbon products or services
- Applications are open until 12 noon on 24th June 2021.
- Scottish Enterprise has created a helpful guidance video to help you with your application. View here.
- Final results will be announced by 31st August 2021.
For full information, including the amount of funding available, eligibility, and the application process, you can visit the green jobs webpage here.
If you would like any guidance on this please feel free to contact email@example.com or call 0141 221 3181.