Date(s) - 29/05/2019
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Did you know that diverse companies are more profitable? The McKinsey institute found that companies with most women on board experienced 20% higher profitability, and companies with the highest number of women Directors outperform those with the lowest by 53%.
In partnership with Equate Scotland, Scottish Engineering and SEMTA are offering a package of support to improve diversity within companies. This event will cover the subject of Unconscious Bias, Positive Action and Inclusive Recruitment Language.
What can you expect from this training?
Attend a full day training session which will explore:
- Unconscious Bias – what is it and how can impact on diversity in your company?
- Positive Action – the legal context, and measures you can take to improve diversity
- Inclusive Recruitment Language – ensuring recruitment materials encourage applications from all groups by paying attention the language we use
- Up to a half day of 1:1 / bespoke support to help you identify achievable steps you can take to improve diversity and attract more women to your company. This could include:
- review of a job advertisement to ensure the use of inclusive language
- advice on next steps for taking positive action to increase the numbers of applications from women
- advice on outreach and engagement activities
- advice on retention activities
- Access to the Equality and Diversity Advice Service.
The cost for the full day course (which includes lunch) is as follows :
Members: £150 + VAT
Non-members: £175 + VAT
To book a place contact Sarah Carvill
firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0141 221 3181