These increases are proposed to take effect in April 2017.
- Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) – £89.35 (up from £88.45)
- Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP) – £140.98 (up from £139.58)
- Statutory Paternity Pay (SPP) – £140.98 (up from £139.58)
- Statutory Shared Parental Pay (ShPP) – £140.98 (up from £139.58)
- Statutory Adoption Pay (SAP) – £140.98 (up from £139.58)
It is currently unclear on what date the changes will come into effect as the statement released by the Department for Work and Pensions suggests 10th April 2017. However, historically these increases have normally occurred on the first Sunday in April, which would be 2nd April 2017.
Members will be kept up-to-date via Members’ Briefings.